Home : Tips :

Travel Ducuments

When traveling abroad, be sure to have a valid passport and any necessary visas. Similarly, if you are on a business trip make certain to have any relevant documentation with you, if you are to avoid delays and any embarrassment. Have all such documents ready to hand should you need to produce them and above all do take special care of them.

When cruising, there are some specific documents that you should keep securely. Make sure your ship passage and the boarding certificate as well as visa or passport etc. are ready for checking when joining your ship, otherwise, you could be refused to board. Once on board you will be issued with an embarkation card that will enable you to make credit purchases during the voyage. It also acts as your identification card to enable you to return on board from excursions ashore. This card is to be handed back when you settle your account and disembark at the end of your cruise.

You will have arranged travel insurance prior to the start of your tour and you should have the policy documents with you should you need to claim during the course of your trip. While every precaution is taken to ensure your safety and that of your property accidents can happen and by having your documents to hand it is possible to ensure prompt attention in the event of any problems.

It is recommended that you bring photocopies of important documents such as your passport, etc. in case the originals be lost or stolen.

Visa & Passport

Visa and passport are required for foreigners who are going to visit China. One can apply for a visa at Chinese embassies, consulates, visa offices, and other agencies that are authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China in your country. Different visa types are issued on the basis of one's purpose for visiting. For example, a Tourist Visa is issued to visitors who come to China for sightseeing or for visiting relatives. This Visa is known as 'L' Visa, and is distinct from many other kinds of Visas. A confirmation letter from a Chinese tour agency or letters of invitation from your Chinese relatives are required. Single-entry visa, double-entry visa and multiple-entry visa are provided with various fees.

Since an 'L' Visa allows a short duration, which is usually from 30 days to a maximum of 90 days, it is suggested that you should plan your journey properly, because your Visa cannot be extended upon expiration.

To apply for a visa, you will need an application form, passport and two photos. A personal interview is usually included. The processing usually takes one to five days, and is very well organized and efficient.

One final note, the Chinese embassy and consulates will require your passport to be valid at least 6 months before your application for a visa. So if you travel to China, please be aware of the validity period and the effective area of your visa and passport.

Comments and Questions